Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10, 2008

In an effort to get in to the habit of updating this regularly, I'm going to try and post daily.

Today we had some friends over that we hadn't seen in a very long time. Everyone had a really great time! I made a yummy lunch of mac-n-cheese with no icky stuff hot dogs even S enjoyed it.

J and A were having a nice game of brain quest earlier... A gets really excited when he answers correctly. I even got in on the fun.. I need to make a mental note to get more of those, in all different grades.


An interesting observation.. J and A are really looking anywhere right now for some mental stimulation. J made me download spelling bee lists to drill just him at night. A has a million questions about e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.. I'm thinking within the month we'll probably pick up a more active school plan.

I worry about K. He doesn't, at this time, seem to have an interest in finding something to stimulate his brain. He prefers to have his work handed to him and directed what to do. He definitely takes delight in helping his brothers to learn so I'm hoping some of their interests rub off on him. I'm thinking maybe a longer deschooling period might have been beneficial for him but we'll see as we enter in to the next year. I'm sure being in traditional school for 6 years made an impact, I believe it might take some time to unlearn those habits.

2 comments:

Alissa @ Creative With Kids said...

Hi from sb07! I'm happy you started this blog and will come check out what you all are up to! I'm considering homechooling and it's fun to see what other homeschoolers are doing. BTW- K's pillow totally rocks. If he's using his creativity for projects like that maybe that's where he's getting his mental stimulation.

nic said...

Hi Alissa! Thanks for checking us out. :) I didn't think about it that way.. thanks for the perspective.