Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25, 2008

Today is our official "back to school" day.

This morning I had J and A work on an "All About Me" booklet. A needed a little help finishing his.

K wrote up his goals for the year. Some were pretty self explanatory and some were quite interesting. He's curious about the history of the Olympics, evolution and cooking. Hopefully I can draw him in with these. He's hoping to finish 6th and 7th grade this year. I know he can do it.

This afternoon didn't go as I had planned. I really want to get in to a routine with history and science. I was hoping to read from our Story of the World books on M,T,W and either draw a picture of what we read, wrote a paragraph or do a project depending on what it is we were reading about. None of the kids were capable of sitting still this afternoon while S napped so it was a no go. Instead I put all of their energies toward some cleaning because well.. something needs to happen here. I think we'll skip history for this week as it is a little boring to listen to someone read when all you can think about is moving around. Maybe science will go better? TH and F are our science days and September will be our Astronomy month. Maybe that's a better plan.. wait until September to introduce those subjects.


*find a homeschool group to join

*call 4H again because we have not received any information about joining and we called a couple of months ago.

*relax a little.. it's still the beginning of the year.

No comments: