Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 27, 2008

A pulled out his reading rods and started making simple words today. He's got CVC words mastered. Now I think it's time to move on to long vowel sounds... hope we don't confuse him along the way!

J worked on multiplication again today. He also knocked out a reading comp. lesson and worked on Subject Pronouns.

K worked on decimal multiplication and inference. He was supposed to get to some Lang. Arts but I think he put it off.

All 3 learned how to hook up a water line to a refrigerator and how to install a dishwasher with Grandpa. The highlight to this was watching Grandpa pull the hose through the floor in to the crawlspace. There was lots of giggles and exclamations of Watch! Watch!

We watched The Magic Schoolbus: Space Adventures.


I felt much more relaxed today. Although around 4pm, I feel a little overwhelmed by the noise and activity level. Seems a good time to throw 'em outside for a bit.


*Quit procrastinating and figure out the Homeschool Group situation.

*Keep scouring the web for a decent spelling program, or kick myself in the butt to make my own.

*Introduce K and J to their writing blogs. Maybe tomorrow have them sit down and write.

*Figure a way to implement the kitchen lessons the boys are all interested in. We've picked recipes, now I need to find a fair way to implement how to choose. I think we might stick the names of the recipes (along with the page number) in to one of my baskets and let each one choose one each pay period. Then we will work together to make the new recipe and hopefully enjoy trying new foods as well.

No comments: