Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26, 2008

Today went a bit smoother than yesterday. Morning work was accomplished with little fan fare.

J worked on his times table. I don't want him to just memorize them (although this of course will help) but to actually know what he's doing. He's pretty good all the way up to the 6's... after that it starts to get a little frustrating for him. I know in time he'll get it. That's all he did today.

A worked on copying some sentences (he needs handwriting practice again) and some basic math review.

K jumped right in feet first. He knocked out two math pages, two reading pages and a spelling page from his next unit. He's working on decimals and inference.

*I really need to find or create a spelling curriculum that will work for both K and J. J is ahead and K has never been a natural speller.

*I need to keep going slow.. add one thing at a time.

*I think we should do a fun, crafty type project this week.

*Keep looking in to homeschool groups. Don't really want to but I know the boys would greatly benefit from one. Don't forget about 4H AND take another look at scouts.

No comments: